Tuesday 17 August 2010

Those Lizards






It's Friday and it was blowing hot and cold, a light north breeze and some cloud made it cool but when the cloud broke the sun was warm. And when the sun came out the boardwalk was just heaving with lizards. I walked around and counted 70 small lizards born this year and 11 big ones that were at least 2-3 years old. A recent visitor said that her son loved them as he thought of them as his very own dinosaurs. They were so tame that they just sat there as I walked past slowly and quietly while watching me with their beady black eyes. There was one big brightly coloured one that I decided to photograph and as I edged closer and closer it decided to check out my camera by leaning forward and running its forked tongue over it, hence the blurred blob. For a full on close up wildlife experience when you are visiting look out for them and see if you can get as close but do it soon before the weather cools and they head for hibernation.