Thursday 28 January 2010

Something in the air?




I was especially delighted to meet the chair of the Kippen's Women Rural as she was leaving the car park of Flanders yesterday. Why especially? Because one evening last week I had given a talk to her group in Kippen about Flanders Moss and as a result of that this was her second visit to Flanders and some of her friends had also been out. Even better she complemented me on the dams that she could see from the path. So not only were more local people getting out to enjoy the Moss but they were visiting with knowledge of the Moss. Usually I am pleased that people have stayed awake in one of my talks so its great when they have taken on board the complexities of managing Flanders.


Once up the tower it was a glorious end to the afternoon. The sun was squeezing through the clouds, lighting up the birch and tower. Far in the distance the tracked chipper was roaring like a autumn stag but otherwise there was silence. The gentle breeze was just cold not icy like it has been recently and it might have just been my imagination but there seemed to be a quiet, warm anticipation. Maybe spring is in the air?